Sunday, January 29, 2006

Milan - Journey II / part III

The next day - Sunday 29th January - 2006;

I had a good night rest, a bit short but better than nothing. Out to the train station. Gare du North stays impressive what a building.



Also the service of getting tickets and info is a lot better structured than in Milano. The ticket is (in comperence) a lot more expansive, it's more expansive for half the number of kilometres ... Strange. Only 2 more trains to Amsterdam available today. So it will be around 16 that. I'll leave. That gives me a few hours. Leaving luggage is also another business. Through the metal detector. Start the laptop, log in, oke no explosion than it's allowed to leave it. Not a bad way to do it. Perfect service and gives a save feeling. Breakfast in France is only good for me with a real nice Croissant buerre (naturellement). A nice orange juice with it and my breakfast is complete.

Took the Metro (what an superb invention) to the Champs Elysee to look at the Culture Biere, a new store from Heineken - see log Culture Biere. Bought some specials for Mum, yes Mum I've got it. Of course went to my favourite store on the Champs Elysee - Aphora. It's a kind of Mega Mega Superb Douglas / ICI Paris store. So many fragrances you don't have in Holland. And I bought that sent that you can't find outside these doors ... I'm offended though. Unpacking my things I discovered a creme for wrinkles with man ... What's that for ... I'm not that old. Pitty, no bonuspoints this time, I'll be back though. Quick back to Gare du North and buy a sandwich (avec Boulangerie Paul) and some drinks to start the journey back. And what a weather, full blue skies, a bit chilly but in the sun it's wonderfull. Till my TGV journey begins, bon appetit! My french colleque made it although heavy snow in the South of France.

TGV
The numbers on the ticket correspond with the train itself. That was not the case in Milano. There are also no people who argue about there place. Much better, resulting in a departure on time 15.55 on the minute. Very impressive. As well with every door an attendant who will check if you're in the right train, nice. I feel better already. Amsterdam we're coming. The train is completely full. Also you can understand and hear in all kind of languages the intercom. The fun part is that the Thalys rides along the highway I always drive going to France, the train is a little quicker though. Lille is there within 50 minutes! Bruxelles Midi (zuid) - 17.20, very quick. Antwerpen - Berchem - 18.00 Roosendaal - 18.35 Rotterdam - 19.10 Den Haag - 19.25 Schiphol - 19.50 Home,

Home, Sweet home ... my own bed, I love it.

No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999