Saturday, May 07, 2005

Scamorza

I've never seen smoked "mozzarella" before, I bought it this afternoon (2005, may 7th), will taste it this weekend, I'm curious ...



The Scamorza
The Scamorza cheese is a typical italian cheese. It's a very firm, slightly salty mozzarella like cheese. Scamorze, which contains about 44 percent milk fat, has a creamy white color and a mild, nutty flavor. It's sold in small ovals or gourd shapes and can be smoked. Scamorza Cheese is chewier than mozzarella and not as moist. Scamorze can be used in much the same way as mozzarella generally as a table cheese or in cooking.

Nutritional facts per 100 grams of product ;
Calories - 258 kcal Protein - 20,00 g. Carbohydrates - 0,50 g. Fat - 22,00 g.

No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999