Friday, September 19, 2014

Two for Joy

Two for joy
Haarlemmerdijk 182
1013 JK  Amsterdam

http://www.twoforjoy.nl

A trend going on is to roast your own coffee beans. And this is not an easy case. Lot of businesses are trying but they focus too much on the quality of the bean and not enough on the roasting process it self. I often find and also here way too much acid in the taste. I always start with the espresso to try but not to my taste.

Tried their store as well at Fredericksplein and had the same acid taste. So it must be the bean. (roasting). And they might think to add some good quality Robusta to balance the flavor. I'm far from an expert and I only have my taste. But the espresso I like often has a more balanced flavor.

The shop itself is very nice, very well located and in the good part of Amsterdam (both shops). I still prefer the Koffiesalon though ..... sorry.

No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999