Sunday, December 11, 2011

Asian Glories- Rotterdam

Asian Glories
Leeuwenstraat 15-17
3011 AL Rotterdam
Tel & Fax : +31 (0) 10 4117107

What can I say ... Jenny Loh has a perfect place with all the right ingredients (good staff, quick and good service and superb food).
And I tried as 2.000.000 other people to book a table at Ferran Adrià's restaurant in Spain over the years and never succeeded ... was he sitting in this restaurant this evening. So I can now proudly say I have eaten by and even with Ferran Adrià.

The place - as almost always - was packed ... but Jenny wil get you in if there's a place.

No card, no menu required ... always take a collection of what's available in small portions. A recollection of my memory below ...


Fresh Coquille in the shell with glass mie

Mini Mussel in Sake
What a treat ... delicious

Duck Pancake
stays one of the favourites !

Dim sum - 5 different kinds
the octopus ... to die for

Real indonesian sate ...
Like my grandmother use to make especially the sate sauce ....

In a lettuce leafe roasted duck and duck liver

Cheese cake
with ginger - my table guest referred to it as best dessert ever eaten in Asian Glories


I know it's not written in any law but if Ferran Adrià is also eating here, you can only imagine the quality ... :-)


No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999