Saturday, October 28, 2006

Silver Spoon / Wappaz


It's a small shop (web link on the left side) in Amsterdam in the Runstraat in the city centre. They have almost every book you're looking for. Ask them for a book and they know about it. I couldn't resist today and expanded my range of books with :
Wappaz_1
Wappaz. A book that's written in a nice style. Very clear with simple dishes to make but with perfect taste and stunning to look at. The pictures are just so well taken, you'll get hungry looking at them. Next to good recipes it also makes you think about your own next creation .... nice book if you like small dishes but an awfull lot :-).
It's what you get with restaurants like ENVY in Amsterdam or LAMBERMONS in Haarlem...
Silver_spoon The other book I bought is Silver Spoon. This italian book has been the best seller in Italy for over the last 50 years or so.
Silver Spoon is the book to have if you want to know about Italian cooking, so it was not yet in my collection and as of today it is. It's over 1200 pages, about 3 recipes per page ... I looked and every thing I could think of is in the book. Looking forward to make some great recipes.
Well I need to check the stove and fridge since my first items should be ready for testing ... have a nice weekend and of course a great diner,

No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999