Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Burger King - Amsterdam Airport

Schiphol Plaza,

Renée asked for a "review" on burgers (actually the "golden arches") but since I hadn't tried the latest creation of BK (Burger King) we went out for tasting today. Always a good excuse ... So I took my lovely department to the BK and we went for a test. The Burger King Chili Cheese Weeks are now live at a BK near you!


Since we do have a BK in the neighborhood we don't need to go far... So in order to do a proper test we took everything and went back to the office for a full test. The order was wrong for starters. We asked for two menu's, loose burgers and the nuggets ... hold this hold that, after all their slogan says : have it your way!!! But where was the second menu? Not in the bag, so we went to the girl and she said you have to wait in line .... I mean there you are, everything is getting cold, have to wait again ... and immediately in the defense, we thought you could solve the problem as well ... you just helped us ... ???

Back at the office Chili Cheese Nuggets. This were the favourites before even tasted the nuggets. But unfortunately they were not. Yes there was some Chili flavour, but as well a lot of crust and not too many cheese .. so a thinner crust, more cheese, bit heavier on the taste and they would have been much better.

The burger .... the big one (on the right in the picture) is over 200 grams ... that's a lot. A big bun with two huge burger patties (pattie is the actual burger), cheese on it, chili sauce and the spicy Jalapenos ... well this was not that spicy. The nuggets had more flavour to it. So this was another "heart breaker".

Than the fries, we like the Mc Donalds better because they don't have this strange coating and taste like fries. And Mc Donalds got this sauce ... to die for. BK had that too ... they changed it to normal bags from Heinz ... that's not a good move, we want the special sauce like they had before.

So I'm not that lyrious as I sometimes am about the restaurants I visit. The next time I go there I definitely go for the Whopper. Keep it stupid plain and simple ... go for the best. I wouldn't recommend the Chili Cheese, go for the Whopper, much better !!! (but that's personal of course) fortunately we went for drinks and a new year speach early in the evening, got our personalised X-mas gift and had small apetizers to go with some nice drinks and so my evening finished well. In stead of a diner just small apetizers and when one was finished, the other one was there .... very nice, from Salmon to Duck and everything in between ...

Renée next time I'll go to Mc Donalds ....

No comments:

Why can't I remember a day,
that I can't forget!
90210 - February 1999